Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Free Stuff / 102nd post

Parenthood is expensive you know, changing jobs, changing priorities, changing diapers (those really are expensive) will do a number on your budget. Lately we have really been trying to get our budget in line and we are enjoying having fun thats free. Fun and free are both great words and yes they can go together. Tell us what you think!

1. Go to the park. This is tree tops park by our house where you can walk through the woods or walk across a swampy area on a special walkway and see all kinds of fish, lillypads, flowers, bugs, etc...
Also check out your city and county parks and rec calenders for free events including things like nature hikes, movies in the park, concerts, festivals etc.. 2. The public library. I never thought I would say this because if you know me well I have an aversion to libraries. Through all of college I never stepped foot in the library. That is an accomplishment considering how many papers I had to write. They always gave me the creeps! But I have faced my fear for Zion's sake and my library is very friendly. Free books, FREE MOVIES, lots of ideas, free classes, storytime, book discussions, crafts for kids and more. If you are like me take someone with you for moral support and face your fear of the library it is worth it.
3. A walk. Okay it may sound boring but it really is quite fun. There are lots of discoveries to be made even when you walk down the same ol street all the time. Zion and Travis saw this interestsing dog on one of their walks an American Hairless Terrier. Plus it is good exercise and who does not need that.
4. The pool. Okay so it may not be free for all of you but it is free for us and great when it is HOT!
5. Reading also something that I forgot to do so when you go to the library you can acctually check out a book and get this READ IT!
6. Museums most of them have free days during the week and you can enjoy it all for free.
7. First class free, check out a yoga, pilates, karate class, day at the gym etc...Most of them have free trials!
8. Make a blog! It really is fun and Travis and I will read it.
9. Rearrange your room or house. It is a free makeover and very refreshing.
10. Get together random stuff and then have a contest with a friend to see how can make the coolest craft out of it.
Please comment and share your favorite free and fun things to do as we are always looking for more ideas!

P.S. My goodness! Can you believe this is our 102nd post and that our blog has been exsistance for over a year. Thanks to all of you that care enough about us to look at our pictures and read our ramblings.

2 comments:

Amy Boyle said...

Ok.. I don't want to complain, but the last 2 entries have not included any photos of Zion... although interesting entries, I must admit that it is Zion that I want to see...
like Zion at the park, Zion at the library, Zion on a walk, Zion at the museum. :)

love, amy

Girl Raised in the South said...

Good for you - resourceful parenting! I saw you're reading Financial Peace, good good stuff! xoxoxo