




Now those of you that know me well know that I do not naturally have skills when it comes to crafts. Despite constant encouragement from my mother, and years of doing 4-H sewing and other craft like projects I never would have considered myself the least bit crafty. When it comes to the other arts I fair better, dancing, music acting etc.... My one artistic achievement was a wire sculpture of a dancer that I made in high school. It was "modern" however and I think anyone can make "modern" art. But nonetheless I won a prize and money for it at the county fair. My sewing however in the fair never
faired so well. I have always had a strained relationship with sewing machines, paints, pencils,
scrapbooking stuff, beads, you name it. To put it bluntly I just don't have the patience for it. Travis is much better with that kind of thing because he
actually enjoys the process of it all.
But to get to the point I find motherhood bringing out a different side in me and I find my new job situation very freeing. So I decided that since I don't have much money to spend on Zion's clothes and she keeps growing out of them at an insane pace I should be frugal and become "crafty." I quickly determined that this crafty thing could turn out to be expensive if the things I made were
un-usable and I felt this was a distinct possibility but I decided to give it a whirl. I bought a set of
onsies 5 for $2.50 at
Wal Mart so I figured I couldn't got wrong. So these are my attempts above. Some of them are a little messy but not near as bad as I thought they might be and hey I can just say they are "modern" right and then Zion will be extra cool.
p.s. I think the pink one with the little mushroom is my favorite.
2 comments:
I think they look very sweet! You are crafty after all:)
They look terrific! Great plan on your part to learn with clothing items she'll quickly outgrow, so your efforts wont stay around forever to haunt you. I used to give Don's mom things for her kitchen wall and she'd leave them there forever, long after I'd realized how completely tacky or pitiful they were and they still hung there, mocking me.
Post a Comment