
Well, phase 1 of the nursery project is complete. 3 dead mice, termite party, 5 dead roaches, many late nights, and too many trips to McDonalds later we are done with our nursery project. As with any project it turned out to be much more invloved than what we originally anticipated. For those of you grossed out by the bugs in South Florida it is just how things are. Above you will see Zion enjoying McDonalds. Who knew at such a young age she would love the aretery clogging food so much. The first day I got chicken nuggets and she ate half of them. And french fries WHAT if I let her she would eat the whole thing. I felt like a horrible parent watching my child eat McDonalds but hey she was hungry and she loved it. I make a vow not to make it a regular practice. Check out some of my favorite parts of the nursery below. On Sunday after church we are having a nursery warming party where people are invited to bring gifts from a registry we created at walmart of things they have at home that are in good condition. Phase 2 will hopefully be a new floor coming in the next couple of weeks. You can scroll down to the old post to see the before pictures. Several of the guys at church worked really hard helping Travis paint and hang the new blinds.

Travis hard at work.

We got all new window treatments. Blinds valences and I even found little butterflies which I attached to the top. This is one of my favorite parts. There are also matching green curtains which will be going up when we can afford another curtain rod on each side of the window.

Last night at midnight when we finished. Zion was a trooper throughout and took a cat nap in one of the cribs. She was our critic letting us know what looked good and what wasn't up to her specs.

Thankfully Travis is more artistic than me or it would not have come out very well. He did the tree free hand. The butterfly and verse I printed on overheads and projected onto the wall. That is my level of painting. Pictures of phase 2 to come in the future!
3 comments:
OK, so for the first part of this post I really thought you were talking about Zion's HOME nursery, and I was thinking, "Dead Mice????". Then I thought you two were really industrious, tearing apart floors of your condo. Then I see TWO cribs in a picture and I'm thinking- do you have something to share??? Okay, now I'm on the same page. Boy, does that nursery looks wonderful. They are very lucky to have you two helping out. As for Mickey D's-she is going to have it sometime, might as well be with you both!!!
thanks for changing your blog shape...viewing on my grocery-store wireless is much easier now.
another thought for blog improvements: write more about yourselves! I know Zion is a superstar, but she needs to share the face time. Tell her I said so.
i agree with Tim. Keep us up to date on you too. We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment