So Travis and I went on our first real date since Zion was born. To some of you this may sound crazy but to others of you that don't live near family you probably know how hard it can be to get a babysitter. Our wonderful friends graciously watch Zion often so that I can run and do my random work meetings and of course before I was working full time and Elsie watched her everyday. But then when it comes down to the rare days when our schedule is not crammed full we don't want to ask our poor friends to watch her again. She is cute of course but they do have their own lives after all. There is a serious shortage of high schoolers that can babysit and any of the potential ones we know from our church already have jobs and live really far away. I feel that since I did so much babysitting in my younger days I should be able to find a good high school babysitter but alas no such luck.
We did go to lunch one day. I picked Travis up and suprised him which was very nice curtosey of Angie. It was her idea, it is nice to have friends who are looking out for you. So that was almost a date and then one time we took her to Jamies house and dropped her off and went to the movies but Zion was catching a cold and was so fussy I had to leave after the beginning of the movie and go to pick her up.
Anyways I could go on but last night we went out for dinner. Our friends used to have a babysitting swap and we restarted it. We get to go out twice and then babysit once and even the babysitting will be pretty fun because we get to watch a bunch of really adorable kids with another couple. Zion had a blast of course playing with her friends and Travis and I went to the cheesecake factory for dinner. Then on the way back we passed Starbucks and were not going to stop because dinner was already jabbing the budget but we did stop. When we went in I wanted a decaf frappicino but they were out so they decided to give us our drinks for free! Not only that the lady gave me another decaf drink to taste just to see if I liked it for the future and so we walked out with three free drinks. God was looking out for our budget and blessed the end of our evening. We had a great time chatting about our ideas and future plans with no distractions. I love to be with Zion but it was really great just to be with Travis and be able to really focus on what he was saying and not have someone else fighting for my attention and to be able to eat my dinner without sharing and to walk and carry nothing. I think it was very significant and I am so looking forward to it the next time. Plus it was so great to know that Zion was having just as much if not more fun than we were and she was so well taken care of. Yeah!
1 comment:
Date night is soooooo important. Keep it up and your marriage as well as your time with the baby will continue to be blessed. Praise God for a babysitting co-op!
Post a Comment