Well if you have ever had a baby you know what it means to be sleep deprived. Now I have decided that although Zion sleeps through the night now most nights I still never sleep as well as my pre baby days. You know I am always listening for her and sometimes I just get up to check and make sure she is still breathing. Top that off with long days and long commutes and I am just plain tired a lot.
Well this past Saturday Travis went off for the day to study for his upcoming certification exam and Zion and I had the day to ourseleves. I needed to pick up some gifts for people so we went out on a shopping adventure. We shopped all morning and then I decided to stop at a store at the end to look for a bathing suit. It may sound strange to some but I am 15 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant. In fact I have not been this small since before I got married. I am trying to gain some weight back in fact. So this is why I needed a new bathing suit because my old one was practically falling off and bikinis aren't so attractive anyways post birth. So we forged the bathing suit section and trying to save time I just carried Zion instead of taking her stroller. This was fine until I realized I needed to try one on. Into the dressing room we went. I tried to prop her up on the bench inside and try the suit on. As I was trying it on she started tipping over. I quickly realized that the one I was trying on was still too big, showed just enough of my stomach to be gross and made my already pasty skin look even more pasty. Zion then starts to tip over to I reach out to grab her. Throw off the top and throw on my clothers telling myself this is not worth it and I will just swim in my clothes. We then leave the store. I feel much better when we reach the outdoors and the bathing suit episode is behind us.
Zion fell asleep in the car after a hard day of shopping and I carried her in and laid her down for a nap. I decided then to change my clothes. Then I take off my pants (this is part of the story people) low and behold on top of my underwear is the bottom half of the horrific bathing suit! I just stood there in the middle of my room wondering how this was possible. I suppose while I was reaching to save Zion from hitting her head yet again I forgot I had it on and then was just concentrating on holding her up while putting on my pants. Now I have to take it back and I have been playing in my mind what to say about how I ended up wearing half a bathing suit home. If you have any ideas let me know. Kind of the feeling you get when you are driving and you arrive somewhere and realize you don't remember the drive.
1 comment:
Just tell them you took a baby to shop for a swimsuit - that will tell it all. xoxoxo
Post a Comment