Sunday, June 15, 2008

Latest Sewing Venture

I decided to attempt another sewing project this time using an actual real pattern which I have not done since high school. It went surprisingly well. For some reason in the past it seems that sewing and math had the most potential to make me angry out of any other tasks sometimes to the boiling over point. Maybe it is because I am older and more patient or something I am not sure of but despite the fact that the accompanying shorts that I attempted to make turned out totally weird. I attribute the issue with the shorts to the fact that I bought the pattern at the Salvation Army fabric sale and I am thinking maybe there were so many copies of it because there is something wrong with the shorts part of the pattern because I swear I cut it out correctly and followed the directions.

Anyways I was very pleased with the top and Zion seemed to be too so all was not lost and I feel that I may venture into the realms of sewing with a pattern yet again despite the fact that I feel and look very out of place at the fabric store amongst all of the stuffy seeming women with high wasted tapered jeans with shirts tucked in to them buying upholstery fabric. I think my next project for Zion is a bag for her to carry fun things to do in when we go out.

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm giggling at your description of women at fabric stores. I promise I do not wear high waisted jeans, do not tuck anything in - Sarah warned me long ago, and I dont even buy upholstery fabric! Sarah goes there and tells the lady at the counter, "I'm new at this and I need some help" and they always seem to oblige. The top is great - good for you for diving in and figuring it out. You're doing great, even without high waisted jeans! xoxo