Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I came across this picture of Zion from last year on Easter. She was such a chunk but is so much more grown up now it is hard to believe.
We hope that you had a wonderful Easter day with your family and friends wherever you are. We enjoyed celebrating this special week. Yesterday Zion and Leila had a little egg hunt. It was pouring rain so we did it inside.

Zion dressed for Easter. I had a hairbow that matched her dress but she saw her hat in her room and insisted on wearing it. We had to lose the hairbow and go with the hat. I guess she is getting her own personal sense of style already.
Smiling at her Dad.
In her Easter basket she got a bunny bowling set that I found at the dollar store and she had fun bowling with the little bowling ball and setting them up again. Our church service was a great celebration this morning. I danced this morning with the choir which was a great privilege. They sounded awesome.

It was so cool though when I got up to dance I was hit with the smell of all the Easter Lilies that people had purchased that were decorating the sanctuary. They smelled just wonderful and it was just a reminder of what Easter is all about for us. A celebration of new life, full life, beautiful life that is all possible because of Christs life and the fact that he died to give us eternal life. I am still smelling these lovely lilies because I brought one home. It also reminds me that of the new life that I have in Christ and how because of Him I can share a lovely "fragrance" with others through my words, my actions, and the way I live. I hope to continue to grow so that I can become even better at these things. Isn't it so cool that God made flowers fragrant. How did He think of that and how else can you explain that and the miracle and fragrance of life.

4 comments:

Grandma S said...

I agree. the smell was beautiful. We probably had 30 lillies addorning the front of our worship center. Our choir sang 3 beautiful songs including a new one, "Out of Ashes" from the music 3:16. We used a DVD with it which added pictures to poignant words. It might be one you could dance to sometime.
Zion looks so cute. One of these days I'm going to get out my machine and actually make her something.

Ooyman Family said...

Wow, does Z look like Reba in these photos! The smile and eyes- she is growing so much. We should do the gardens in a few weeks. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Zion looks absolutely adorable in her Easter dress. I cannot believe how big she is getting!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Please make sure we get to see both you lovely ladies while youre here in Pittsburgh. xoxoxo Bev