So far we have made it through more than half of the week and we are all still alive. Zion only slept four hours last night so that made for a long work day for me. I am very thankful though as aour friend Elsie agreed to watch her and Elsie lives only 5 minutes from my work which enables me to go feed Zion for my lunch break! Zion seems very relaxed at Elsie's house and I am more relaxed knowing that she is with Elsie and she is getting plenty of attention. The commute is a long one but I am trying out new short cuts and so far Zion has been taking naps while we drive. I am adjusting back to the routine of work remembering all the clinical terms. Its like a different language really especially when you have gotten used to talk to a baby all day. I am the only person that does not speak Creole so I am hoping that I am going to pick it up very quickly because all day long I have no idea what everyone is saying. It's probably the best way to learn. I have to get Travis to learn too so he can practice with me.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
New New Friends and a PARTY
So far we have made it through more than half of the week and we are all still alive. Zion only slept four hours last night so that made for a long work day for me. I am very thankful though as aour friend Elsie agreed to watch her and Elsie lives only 5 minutes from my work which enables me to go feed Zion for my lunch break! Zion seems very relaxed at Elsie's house and I am more relaxed knowing that she is with Elsie and she is getting plenty of attention. The commute is a long one but I am trying out new short cuts and so far Zion has been taking naps while we drive. I am adjusting back to the routine of work remembering all the clinical terms. Its like a different language really especially when you have gotten used to talk to a baby all day. I am the only person that does not speak Creole so I am hoping that I am going to pick it up very quickly because all day long I have no idea what everyone is saying. It's probably the best way to learn. I have to get Travis to learn too so he can practice with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep looking for the blessings of God. It will help you get through this with victory. Even tho it is hard, this is God's provision at this time. Don't second guess your decisions, just trust. I know how hard Monday was for you and Travis. This just means that evenings will need to be enjoyable for all of you and to cherish that time. You'll find that you will have to decide what's really important - and dusting is NOT! At least you have a husband who is also a wonderful cook!
We wish we were independently wealthy so we could come and be Zion's babysitters.
So youre back at work, glad to hear you lined up childcare that youre happy with; hang in there, it'll get easier as everyone gets more used to it. xooxox
Post a Comment