Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Life Lesson Number 1

Introducing a new series on our blog. Life lessons that we are learning. This one is one I learned this weekend.

Don't order something when the name of it is in another language and you don't know what it means.

This past Sunday Travis and I decided to stop at a place that we have eaten several times before. They have good food. I could not decide what I wanted to eat so I decided to get the special. The place has Latin food so the name was in Spanish but it came with rice and was the special so I figured I am sure it is good because everything else I have had there was good. So I tell Travis to order it for me and we take it home. Travis gets it out and heats is up for me and takes a bite of it. He then says "I don't know if you want to eat this it is kind of chewy." Then I look at it and it looks kind of like skin with a bunch of suction cup ripply things on it. That is the best way I can describe it and it smells kind of funny. So I look the name up on the internet because thankfully I remember it and here is what I find:

Sopa de Mondongo is a hearty traditional soup of Latin America and the Caribbean. It is made from slow-cooked diced tripe (the cleaned intestines and stomach of a cow).

Enough Said!

2 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Believe it or not, Don LIKES tripe. Or he did. Once we were married, and I saw it in the meat counters, and realized what it was, no way is he eating that ever again. Way too yucky. Anything with suction cups should not be eaten. Easy rule to remember.

Girl Raised in the South said...

One day late, happy happy birthday. Love you, Bev and Don