Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Name


Many people have been asking why we chose the name we chose. Mostly the only answer we have is because we liked it. We had her name picked out for a long time. Zion is a biblical name. It is Hebrew in origin and it means brilliant or excellent and refers to the "highest point" or heaven. We like it because it is a strong name. Here are some references of Zion from the Bible Psalm 50:2From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth.
Psalm 14:7Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
Mackenzie is Irish in origin which is one of the reasons that we chose it and it means daughter of a wise man (which Travis likes of course (-:).

1 comment:

Erin and Bethany said...

It's a pretty name... for the cutest girl! I can't get over how cute she is. I'm so excited I'm an aunt!!!