Monday, October 30, 2006

What a Week


I can't believe that it has been a week already that Zion has been here with us. It kind of seems like a blur. She already looks so different and is starting to get a little chubby which is great because she seems less fragile. So many people I know that are parents have told me you cant know what it is like to have kids until you have them and now I know what they mean. Really its just totally amazing. I just look at her and think WOW. She just seems so absolutely perfect to me. It really is a miracle. I cant believe that she fit inside my stomach just a week ago and now here she is crying and smiling and she has her very own personality. Overall things have been great. My mom has been here this past week and unfortunately will be leaving on Wednesday I dont know what we are going to do without her. I dont think that there is any way that you can prepare for what it is like to have a newborn. I can tell I really like her a lot because I love to sleep and there isnt much of that happening around here. She is really very content. She hardly fusses at all, sleeps a lot and sometimes just stares at whoever is around. She really likes her Dad a lot and stares at him with really wide eyes and gives him her best smiles. Some things have proven to be harder than I would have ever thought and others not so hard. I'm just learning to be very flexible and to not get frustrated when things are more difficult or different than I expected. Today we went on an adventure and Zion took her first trip to Target (my favorite store) with me and my mom. She slept through the whole thing just like she slept through her first walk in our neighborhood yesterday.

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

She is beautiful, completely beautiful. I'm so glad to hear your first week has gone well, and yes it is hard to believe a week has already passed. I'm sure your mom has been a huge blessing. We cant wait to see her for ourselves. xoxoxoDon and Bev