Norah tried beets for the first time. She LOVED them. We had roasted some to make beet dip for ourselves so we just pureed some with a little yogurt. We get fresh vegetables from our organic CSA farm every week. They are all so tasty, much tastier than a lot of the regular old vegetables from the grocery store that try so hard to look pretty and lounge around for a long time. We got to visit our farm where our veggies come from and that only made us appreciate our veggies all the more. Farming, especially organic farming is seriously hard work. We love knowing where some of our food comes from especially when its going into precious little mouths. I never knew I liked beets until I tried them from our CSA last year. I thought that beets were always slimey, found on salad bars, and eaten by old people. So if you have not tried beets they are great and you should http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/roasted-beet-wedges/Detail.aspx and if you want to find out about the wonders of a CSA go here: http://www.localharvest.org/
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Beets
Norah tried beets for the first time. She LOVED them. We had roasted some to make beet dip for ourselves so we just pureed some with a little yogurt. We get fresh vegetables from our organic CSA farm every week. They are all so tasty, much tastier than a lot of the regular old vegetables from the grocery store that try so hard to look pretty and lounge around for a long time. We got to visit our farm where our veggies come from and that only made us appreciate our veggies all the more. Farming, especially organic farming is seriously hard work. We love knowing where some of our food comes from especially when its going into precious little mouths. I never knew I liked beets until I tried them from our CSA last year. I thought that beets were always slimey, found on salad bars, and eaten by old people. So if you have not tried beets they are great and you should http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/roasted-beet-wedges/Detail.aspx and if you want to find out about the wonders of a CSA go here: http://www.localharvest.org/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She is sooooo cute! I can't believe how much bigger Norah is, even since July, and I really want to try some beets now!
Post a Comment