Friday, January 09, 2009

New Years Day Boo Boo!

Our dear sweet Zion decided to start the new year out with a bang or should I say break. While I was out with my sisters Zion decided apprently to step on a wet spot on the kitchen floor here and she slipped. We are not sure how she fell exactly but Travis said that he could tell that she was hurt. By the time that I got home she was sound asleep which she tends to do after something traumatic happens. When she woke up we were just starting to get ready to eat New Years dinner but we could tell it was really hurting her and she would not put any weight on it so we decided we had to take her somewhere. Thankfully we had the idea of taking her to an urgent care place instead of the hospital because we went to one very close by and there was no one there. Probably because it was New Years and everyone was home eating and watching TV. They saw her right away and were really sweet with her. She has a buckle fracture on the knuckle at the end of one of the bones in her calf near the ankle. They put it in a splint and the next day we went and got this pretty pink cast and the doctors. Zion was very brave. She had a hard time sleeping the first few nights because it seemed to be very painful but it seems to not be hurting her too much now and today she started walking on it.

The doctor told us to let her walk on it when she wanted to. We will go back in two weeks which will be next Friday to see how it is healing. We are thankful that it was not worse but I would have never thought that she could break her leg just by slipping on the floor. Until she walked on it she found alternative ways of getting around like crawling and walking on her knees...it was very cute but rather sad and pathetic to watch and when she would wake up in the night the first few nights we would just hear her calling " I can't walk, Mommy/Daddy I can't walk!" She is very proud to tell everyone all about it though and to show off her cast. We are just praying that it heals well and quickly so she can get the cast off.

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

It was great having you three over for the impromptu dinner. Maybe we can get together again soon, you Les and I and the kids for a fun lunch.