Zion and I [that would be Travis (yes I'm posting...get over yourself!)], spent an afternoon together last weekend. The weather was beautiful! We went to the park and played soccer. I took some pictures, which you will see below. The awesome thing is, however, is that she was more interested in what was going on behind the soccer net. That would be basketball! Yep, she was into basketball. Thankfully at her age a soccerball is also a basketball. You will not see any pictures of us on the court because once we step on a basketball court its all business. We did not have time to take pictures. Also, some moments are special and just to be shared between those that are present. Anyway, we had a great time. I love my little girl!
Zion has great coordination and kicks the ball without looking!
There was a huge spider that Z and I found on a walk one night. We purposely stopped on our day out together to take a picture of it. I put up a dollar so that you could picture just how big it really is. Zion wasn't at all scared and she thought I should throw things at it to see what it would do. IT MOVES REALLY FAST!!! That's what it does! She thought that was cool. The people walking by thought I was stupid. Oh well, what do they know. I like what Z thinks and she's smarter than most people I know.
1 comment:
We had this exact same spider living in our backyard this summer. They sure our creepy. Zion, your uncle Erin had the same idea you did... throwing stuff at it to see what it did. We found out the spider did not like being sprayed by water from the hose. This spider is called the Argiope aurantia and it grows very fast. Doubled in size in a few days. It also weaves a zig zag in its web to help catch prey. We are so glad that you like sports Zion! You're definitely a Schenk (although I like sports but am better just observing them from the sidelines!) Love you, Uncle Erin and Aunt Bethany
Post a Comment