Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Weekend!

I have fun decorating and redecorating certain areas of our house when I find a good deal. I had been eyeing some metal wall pieces with leaves cut out of them from crate and barrel but the total cost for those would have been almost $500. I was day dreaming about how I might be able to make something like that myself but the concept was not coming together. Then I found these on super clearance at Kirklands. They were $11 a piece plus another %20 off and they are somewhat like the ideal ones. Think of the savings. Also for my birthday Travis got me this set of vases that goes nicely with the rest of the house because the buffet looked bare.
I want the entrance to my home to be very inviting to those who come to visit and to those who just walk by. I want our home to send a message about who we are and what we value. These flowers probably will not last because I always kill plants but they look really cute and we have the other pot with herbs including my favorite rosemary. The door has changed from Valentines day to Saint Patricks day. I love to put out special little things for the seasons and holidays. Since we don't have seasons here I have to create them inside. Some of my friends have remarked about how my house is like fall because of the colors etc...fall is my favorite season so I guess I really work hard to make up for that one.
Zion getting ready to go swimming with her Dad. It was really hot here today.
My Dad came down for work so we got to see him yesterday and we had a great time. He bought Zion this flower that bends at the Christian bookstore. She totally loves it. We plan to give her a room makeover when she turns two and gets a big girl bed now since when we decorated the room we had to make it neutral since we did not find out what we were having and we decided on a garden theme so this little flower will be cute.
Our little elephant after her bath.

1 comment:

Grandma S said...

Your neighbors must love you! Of course who wouldn't just love to have a family like you around who decorates their door and entry and has the cutest little girl in the world??!!