Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Whew!
Wow! What a looonggg weekend. Now I love Zion don't get me wrong but the past few days have been rough. I had a nasty cold, Travis as out of town for work at a conference in Philadelphia and he got the flu while he was there. Anyways I was home with Zion by myself for the first time and I was sick. She just kept looking at me with this pathetic face like she was bored out of her mind and wanted to play. Since I wasn't much up for gallivanting all over the place like usual Zion was very bored and thus very fussy. I had promised her that we were going to have a fun girl weekend since her Dad was out of town but I did not deliver. Last night thankfully the last night that I was home with her alone. She stayed up till 10:30 got up and 1:30 a.m. right after I went to sleep stayed up for a good hour and got up again at 6:00 only to fall back asleep right before I had to haul her out the door for work. I am dragging now especially since I just ate a nice big lunch. This weekend reminded me of two things: 1. I am very glad that I am not a single parent. I don't know how people do it on there own when they don't even have any family that lives nearby. (At least if our family was nearby maybe I could have dropped her off and snuck a nap over the weekend) 2. Travis is the man! He really is very manly but also manly enough to just pitch in and do whatever needs done. Yesterday I realized that the mailman was probably getting mad and the fish were probably starving because I did not get the mail or feed the fish. I just take for granted that Travis does these type of things but it is so nice that I don't have to keep even these two extra little things in my brain. He is coming back tonight and he is feeling better as am I. Zion and I are both quite relieved and I am sure we will all sleep much better tonight at least I sure hope so. I really am blessed. And props to all those mothers out there that are doing it on their own because I am thankful that I made it through 5 days. Oh and did I mention that also our AC died and I do mean died so Zion and I were also sweltering in the heat on the 4th floor all weekend in 95 degree heat and 89% humidity. Pray we fing a miracle to replace it who knew it was so expensive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, Ft.Lauderdale and no AC do not mix. I'd eat generic mac and cheese before I'd live there and go without AC. There, it's not a luxury! Glad you made it through being sick, and youre right, dont you wonder how single moms do it?
Post a Comment