Monday marks my return to the workforce. I never could have imagined what it would be like. I always thought I would be one of those moms who always worked and could do everything. Now at the prospect I just want to run away and hide somewhere with my dear little Zion so I don't have to let her go. She is so sweet, smells sweet, looks sweet, acts sweet. She gives sweet smiles, and blows sweet bubbles. She makes sweet coos and other sweet noises. How can I drop her off to strangers? I am sure she will be just as sweet to them doing all her sweet things but shes mine and I really don't want to share her that much. I didn't think it would be this hard. I thought staying home would be boring or lonley but I found it to be quite opposite. She has always been entertaining and like a little friend. Alas, there are bills to pay and insurance that is needed. I have a license to finish and a masters degree to use. I have no choice but to trust that God is going to take care of my little one but perhaps I need Him to take care of me more.
I do see God's hand in this job. I don't really know how this place even got my resume and I never applied for a job there and when I went the first time I found myself getting excited. They do many different and exciting things for the Haitian community including case management, legal and immigration services, counseling, education, after school programs and more. I will be supervising other staff and they seem to be growing so it is and exciting opportunity. The people I will be working with seem very nice. I really need to work on learning Creole so that I can do my job better so that will be a challenge. I ask for your prayers for this transition for our whole family. You can check out my new job at the website below.
http://www.fanm.org/index.php
4 comments:
I worked from when Sarah was born til she was 4, and I missed out on things, but it made it easier knowing she was being well cared for. She didn't know a different life, and didn't long for me, as I did for her. Don't dump guilt on yourself for what you can't help. Bills, insurance - they have to be taken care of, and you just do the best you can. She'll be fine, and you will too.
Hi Reba, the time has come for both of us (see my blog, I'm in the same boat!) The cameras are a BIG help. And each day it has gotten easier for me. Rose's schedule is way off, but the day care will help her create one over time that will be good. I am positive that our choice in care is the best for Rose, and as long as you feel the same for Zion, it will be okay. Try some half days, if you can swing it. It has helped to keep her there for only a few hours at a time. Thinking of you in this transitional time- I know how you feel and it is so hard.
Hi again! We just took Rose to her 4 months appt. and she is 13 pds. 10 ounces and 26 inches long. The doctor said she is growing great and to keep up the nursing. I wanted to share that Rose is nursing much more frequently in the evenings now since she is only taking one bottle at daycare, at only 2-3 ounces, but the doctor said after a month or so when she is more on schedule this should reduce. So, just a heads up- Zion may want to nurse more and yes, that means less sleep for us mommies. Look forward to hearing how her first week goes next week. I'm still on half days with her and will go back to work full time on the 12th. Let's plan another outing in a couple weeks- maybe to the place you were mentioning before. Best of luck next week, I hope it all goes well.
Hey Reba...I'm a guy and our little one isn't here yet. But, I'm praying for you right now while you are at your first day of work! We love you guys. Greg
Post a Comment