Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Garden


I am so excited about our sunflowers shining over our fence on our lonley back street. Would you believe Travis took this picture with his iphone? Check out the bee on the upper left and the top middle. We are also eating okra, basil, and carrots from our garden and we have learned a lot about what to do and what not to do for next year.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Have you considered making a 'gardening journal' - just something super simple but with a few pages of notes. I've learned that by next year I don't remember what was clear in my brain in August. And look at you planting and eating okra!

Grandma S said...

I love okra. It loves hot weather. I've canned 7 quarts and 8 pints so far and we're really giving away a lot of green beans. I could probably can another 7 quarts and still have more! Wish you were here to pick it. We're proud of your efforts.