
Recently I have not had much time to really decorate our house at all or do any of the projects that I like to do but a couple of weeks ago I actually got this done. I recovered all of our dining room chairs which really needed it and I made a roman shade (with some encouragement from Rachel (-:) I did not think the shade was going to turn out because towards the end I gave up on the directions and did my own thing but I'm pretty happy with it. The fabric is all really good quality fabric that I got at the salvation army fabric sale for a few dollars so it made it worth sewing. Otherwise from what I have seen at the fabric store good fabric for projects like these costs so much you might as well just buy a shade and new chairs for your table. (-; Well almost. Anyways I was excited to accomplish something.
2 comments:
Beautiful job. I'm trying to figure out what to put up in the office. We've painted it and will be putting in laminate wood flooring as soon as Tom is up to it. The old curtains that have been in this house for the last 20 years are gone.
Great job - good for you!
Post a Comment