Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Zs Big Girl Room

Its hard to see in the picture but these curtains have fake little flowers sewn on to them. My mom found them at a yard sale and I think they are pottery barn. They look perfect and Zion loves them.
We have been working on slowly putting Zions room together and now its pretty much done. One evening we put in her completed bed and dresser and curtains and surprised her. Here she is coming in to check it out. The bed we found on craigslist and we went to buy it and the lady was super sweet and gave it to us for free! What a blessing! Then Travis found a mattress and boxspring in someones trash (okay if you are grossed out it was friends of ours and they said it was perfectly fine) and its great! Then I found a wooden dresser at an estate sale fo $15! Travis painted the dresser and the bed white and was very meticulous about it so they look great and the white looks pretty with the lavender.

Enjoying her surprises and showing off a painting she made!


Trying out the new bed. The beadspread I found a long time ago in the as is section at ikea. The bedspread was $4 and the duvet cover was $2. I found the throw pillow at Gabriels here for a few dollars two and I saved them.








She has cute little flower hooks that my mom found for her wall to hang her bag and jacket.




















3 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

I love seeing the feathering of your nest. And not grossed out, rather think youre pretty clever to come up with such inexpensive ways to furnish your home!

Angie said...

Zion's room is beautiful! It looks much more grown up than her old room in FL. The colors are really nice. She must have been really excited when she saw it for the first time. Kenci and I decided that we are going to start shopping from people's garbage when bulk pick up comes around. People around here throw out some really neat stuff. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Great job on the room...

Grandma S said...

What a precious room. Can't wait to see it in person. You've done a great job making it special.