Sunday, July 19, 2009

Work in Progress

Its very exciting to be in our new home and to be beginning to make it our own. It has been quite the journey getting into this house and living with my parents for 7 months and even going from a condo to this house. It seems big to us and we are brainstorming all different ideas about what we want to do with the space, how we want to decorate etc.. We still have a lot of organizing to do. But the important things are unpacked and put away so we can function which is great!
Travis and Zion weeding. Zion loves to help outside!

The living room...in process.


We keep discovering all kinds of different plants in our yard. I know hardly anything about plants and gardening so we have a lot to learn although Travis is a bit better than me. Anyone know what this is?



Here is our pond in action. It also has spotlights at night. Not sure how we feel about this yet. I dont really like the girl on the left she kind of gives me the creeps and Travis thinks its weird that the water comes out of the frogs mouths. The rocks in the top right corner also hold a waterfall which could be pretty but the pump for that one does not work.



Front porch. Also in process. I got the rocking chair at a garage sale, the wreath from someones trash and my mom was getting rid of this rocker which I think we are going to paint black. I love the idea of having a front porch.




Oh yea we have a bunch of fish in the pond some of which are huge. AND it really needs to be cleaned out which according to the previous owner is a gross and stinky job. Ugh!



View of the back of the house....you should have seen it before we mowed and Travis trimed the bushes.




Our little back patch with flowers and rogue basil planted for us by my brother.




The view to the street in back of us.







The deck. I got a great picnic table that is there on the deck with two benches also out of someones trash. Travis is super excited to have his grill back! One of our next projects is pressure washing and restaining the deck. The previous owner but on a new piece to the deck because he had a hot tub there which he took with him.






One of my favorite things in the garden. We have all different colors.







Another view of the floors. More pictures to come soon. Hope you all are well....we love you!

5 comments:

Grandma S said...

The pinkish red flower is a gladiola. Beautiful.
We're so happy for you. "God gives us all things to enjoy".

Amy Boyle said...

thanks for the updated photos on your house Reba! I've been looking forward to seeing how the floors etc. looked.
love, Amy

Cindy Salentine said...

Gorgeous home, Reba. Congratulations, Reba! I am so happy for you guys. How fun!!!

Devon said...

Your house looks great! I love all of your "trash finds", my kind of decorating! It's amazing what "treasures" you can find out there. Can't wait to see you guys when we get back!

Bev said...

I see someone already told you what the flower is - your new place is lovely and homey and I can only imagine how wonderful it feels to have some space again. Good for you guys - cant wait to see it up close and personal!